37 Kirkwood Road
Gibbsboro, New Jersey 08026
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY IF YOUR CHILD PLANS TO PARTICIPATE ON AN ATHLETIC TEAM OR INTRAMURALS NEXT YEAR.
- Any student who is a candidate for a school athletic team or intramurals in grades 5 through 8 must have a physical within 365 days prior to the first practicesession.For example, if your child has a regular examination every year in February, this physical will allow your child to participate in sports within 365 days from that date. This should benefit students who need to schedule their appointment at different times of the year and will alleviate the “summer rush” of students trying to get a summer appointment for a physical.
Please be aware that not all sports teams are open to all grades from 5-8. See the specific coach as to what grade levels can play each season’s sports.
- Physicals should be completed in the students “Medical Home.”Medical home is defined as the health care provider the parent/guardian has selected for the child, as it is believed your child’s personal physician is the best source of information about your child. The health care provider must complete the physical on the state approved form. In addition, the parent/guardian is required to complete and sign a health history update, emergency information form & cardiac sign off sheet prior to the first practice session of each sport.These forms are included or can be downloaded from the school website at www.gibbsboroschool.org. (Go to health office and then download Sports Physical Form and Sports Physical Parent Forms.)
- Dr. April Douglass-Bright, School Physician, will also review each student’s medical examination for final approval for sports participation. Physical forms must be turned in by August 21stfor participation in fall sports to avoid any delay in your child’s participation.
- If you do not have a health care provider for your childplease contact me at 783-1140, x306 or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can schedule a physical from Dr. Bright on Thursday, August 22nd. To request a physical after June 19th contact Mrs. DiDonato at x301 or email@example.com.
- All student physicals must include vision screening and should be provided by your physician. If your physician does not provide these services, these screenings can be provided at school. Please bring your child to school between 9:00AM and 2:00PM on Wednesday, August 21stfor these screenings if your child is participating in a fall sport.
If you have any further questions, please contact me at 783-1140 x306.
Stefanie Boardman, RN, School Nurse