Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB)Reporting harassment, intimidation and/or bullyingHarassment, intimidation, and bullying will not be tolerated in the Gibbsboro School District. To assist parents, students, and staff in reporting alleged harassment, intimidation, or bullying that occurred on school property; at a school-sponsored event, or activity off of school property; on a school bus; on the way to/from school, or through any means of electronic communication (cell phone/e-mail/internet/pager), in the current school year, the Gibbsboro School District has developed the following form to report any instances of harassment, intimidation, or bullying. Please do not include your name if you wish to remain anonymous. All responses will be kept confidential.TO REPORT an HIB CASE: E-mail email@example.comWhat constitutes harassment, intimidation and/or bullying?“Harassment, intimidation, or bullying” means any gesture, any written, verbal or physical act, or any electronic communication, as defined in N.J.S.A. 18A:37-14, whether it be a single incident or a series of incidents that:
1. Is reasonably perceived as being motivated by either any actual or perceived characteristic, such as race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or a mental, physical or sensory disability; or
2. By any other distinguishing characteristic; and that
3. Takes place on school property, at any school-sponsored function, on a school bus, or off school grounds, as provided for in N.J.S.A. 18A:37-15.3, that substantially disrupts or interferes with the orderly operation of the school or the rights of other pupils; and that
4. A reasonable person should know, under the circumstances, that the act(s) will have the effect of physically or emotionally harming a pupil or damaging the pupil’s property, or placing a pupil in reasonable fear of physical or emotional harm to his/her person or damage to his/her property; or
5. Has the effect of insulting or demeaning any pupil or group of pupils; or
6. Creates a hostile educational environment for the pupil by interfering with a pupil’s education or by severely or pervasively causing physical or emotional harm to the pupil.
“Electronic communication” means a communication transmitted by means of an electronic device, including, but not limited to a telephone, cellular phone, computer, or pager.School Policy