PARCC is the "Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers". It is a group of states (including New Jersey) that came together to create a set of assessments to measure students' readiness for life beyond their K-12 education. PARCC assessments are computer-based, allowing for more dynamic and engaging questions and adding accessibility features for all students.
During the 2013-2014 school year, Gibbsboro students participated in a "field test" of the PARCC assessment. This field test allowed Pearson (the company hosting the online PARCC Tests) to make sure their systems were performing well and also allow schools across the country to become familiar with the testing process and ensure their technology infrastructure was adequate for online testing. These field tests went well for the Gibbsboro School.
For the 2014-2015 school year, students in grades 3-8 will be taking the PARCC assessment. More details will be released as they become available.
For more information:
- NJDOE Assessment Website
- Gibbsboro School PARCC Assessment Schedule 2014-2015 School year
- Common Core Standards
- What Do I Need to Know About the Common Core for Parents - FAQ
- Math and Language Arts Common Core Shifts at a Glance
- NJ Dept of Education Common Core Standards
- PARCC website
- PARCC Frequently Asked Questions
- PARCC Resources for Parents
- PARCC Resources for Teachers
- PARCC Online Professional Learning for Staff
- PARCC Sample Items, Practice Tests, and Tutorials
- PARCC Practice Tests
- New Jersey Testing Calendar for the 2014-2015 School Year