GIBBSBORO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education
April 9, 2019
“Together Everyone Achieves More"
Location: Media Center
37 Kirkwood Road
Gibbsboro, NJ 08026
- PUBLIC SESSION
- Meeting Called to order
- Statement of Open Meeting Compliance
In accordance with the New Jersey Open Public Meetings Act, annual notice of time, date, and location of this meeting was delivered to the Courier Post, the Borough of Gibbsboro, and posted on the official school bulletin board and district website.
- Flag Salute
- Oath of Office
- Roll Call
- Recognition & Presentations
- Student Council Report
- Public Participation – First Opportunity
This is the time when anyone from the public who wishes to speak to the Board may do so. Please state your name, address, and phone number for the record. The Board will hear your concerns. The Board may or may not take action this evening. You will be notified either at this meeting, by letter, or telephone of any action the Board does take.
- Approval of the Minutes
- March 12, 2019 Regular and Executive Sessions Attachment
- Letters of resignation to the Board
- a. Bills to be Paid for April in the amount of $50419.89 . Attachment
- Ratify and Affirm Health Benefits for March in the amount of $76,036.23.
- Certification of Business Administrator. Pursuant to NJAC 6A:23A-16.10(c)3, I certify that as of February 28, 2019, no budgetary line item account has obligations and payments (contractual orders) which in total exceed the amount appropriated by the Gibbsboro Board of Education pursuant to NJSA 18A:22-8.1 and NJSA 18A:22-8.2 and no budgetary line item account has been over-expended in violation of NJCA 6:23-2.12(a)1.
In accordance with NJAC 6A:23A-16.10(c)2, it is certified that anticipated revenue has changed for the month ending February 28, 2019, as follows:
- Increased - $0.00
- Decreased - $0.00
Valerie Carmody April 9, 2019
Business Administrator Date
- Certification of Board of Education. Pursuant to NJAC 6A:23A-16.10(c)4, the Gibbsboro Board of Education certifies that as of February 28, 2019, and after review of the Secretary’s Monthly Financial Report and the Treasurer’s Monthly Financial Report and upon consultation with the appropriate district officials, to the best of the Board’s knowledge, no major account or fund has been over-expended in violation of NJAC 6A:23A-16.10 (a)1, and that sufficient funds are available to meet the district’s financial obligations for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- Board Secretary’s Reports. Approve reports for February. Attachment
- Motion to approve March 2019 payroll in the amount of $282,431.52.
- Motion to approve interaccount transfers in the amount of $1,529.24. Attachment
- Motion to approve the March treasuer's report Attachment
- Appointment of Board Secretary and Custodian of Records (OPRA):
Consider a motion to appoint Board Secretary and Custodian of Records (TBD) for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Appointment of Affirmative Action Officer: Consider a motion to appoint Mr. Jack Marcellus of the Gibbsboro School District as the Affirmative Action Officer for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Appointment of Attendance Officer:
Consider a motion to appoint Mrs. Carol DiDonato as the Attendance Officer for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Appointment of Integrated Pest Management Coordinator:
Consider a motion to appoint Mr. Dave Savidge as the Integrated Pest Management Coordinator for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Appointment of School Safety Specialist:
Consider a motion to appoint Mrs. Susan Backal as the School Safety Specialist for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Appoint District Data Coordinator:
Consider a motion to appoint Mr. Jack Marcellus as District Data Coordinator for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Appoint Public Agency Compliance Officer:
Consider a motion to appoint Mr. Jack Marcellus as Public Agency Compliance Officer for the 2019-2020 school year.
- R. Appointments for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Interim Business Administrator TBD
- Solicitor Ronald Sahli $85/hr.
- Medical Officer Dr. April Bright (Cooper Univ. Physicians)
- Auditor Holman & Frenia $22,000
- Insurance Broker Leonard O’Neill
- Dentist Eric Forte, DMD
- S. Depository: Consider a motion to designate the following depositories for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Columbia Bank
- New Jersey Cash Management
- Any other depository more beneficial to the district
- Tax Shelter Annuity Company’s/Brokers
Consider a motion to designate the following Tax Shelter Annuity Company’s/Brokers for the 2019-2020 school year.
- AXA Equitable
- Lincoln Financial
- Any other Tax Shelter Annuity Company’s/Brokers more beneficial to the district
- U. Travel Limitations for the 2019-2020 school year.
Consider a motion to establish travel limitations as set forth in district policy and with P.L. 2007 c. 53 to a maximum expenditure of $15,000 for all staff and board members for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Authorization to Award Contracts for the 2019-2020 school year.
Consider a motion to authorize the business administrator as the certified purchasing agent to award contracts in accordance with NJ Statutes for the 2019-2020 school year, to set the quote threshold at 15% of the bid threshold, and to approve procurement of goods and services through state agencies (state contract).
Authorization to Sign Warrants (Checks) for the 2019-2020 school year.
Consider a motion to authorize the following personnel to sign checks for the 2019-2020 school year.
- President of the Board of Education
- Business Administrator
- Administrative Secretary
- Authorization of Payment of Bills between BOE Meetings for the 2019-2020 school year.
Consider a motion to authorize the payment of bills between Board of Education Meetings for the 2019-2020 school year.
- X. Authorization to Establish Petty Cash Funds for the 2019-2020 school year.
Consider a motion to authorize establishment of petty cash funds in the amount not to exceed $250 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Y. Approval of Parliamentary Procedure for the 2019-2020 school year.
Consider a motion to adopt parliamentary procedure as described by Robert’s Rules of Order to govern the order of business of the Board of Education for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Z. Establishment of Meeting Dates:
Consider a motion to approve meeting dates of Board – Second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm and accept meeting schedule attached.
- Consider the Adoption of the following resolution:
(Required under the Sunshine Law)
WHEREAS, the “Open Public Meetings Act” requires that advance written notice of all meetings of the Board of Education be posted in one public place designated by the Board and mailed, telephoned, telegrammed, faxed or hand delivered to two newspapers designated by resolution, and mailed to all persons requesting a copy of same upon payment of an established fee.
NOW THEREFORE, Be It Resolved by the Board of Education of the Borough of Gibbsboro as follows:
- All advance written notices of Board meetings shall be posted by the Board Secretary on the bulletin board located in the Gibbsboro School.
- All advance written notices of Board meetings shall be given to the following two newspapers:
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- Courier Post
- All advance written notices of Board meetings and any change throughout the year shall be mailed to all persons requesting a copy of same after payment by such persons of a fee of $15.00. News media shall be exempt from such fee.
- The schedule of regular official Board meetings and regular Board work sessions for the period from and after this meeting until the May 2019 meeting shall be in accordance with the list annexed hereto, designating the dates, times, and places of such meetings.
- Motion to adopt prior rules and regulations of the Board including school programs and curriculum as follows:
- Existing Board Policy Manual, Bylaws and Regulations
- Art, Computer, Family Life, Life Skills, Physical Education, Language Arts, Library, Mathematics, Music, Science, Social Studies, Health, Guidance Services, Child Study Team Services, and all other programs and curriculum now presently in force.
- All textbook series currently in use and previously approved library books
- Motion to approve official school website at www.gibbsboroschool.org.
- DD. District Organizational Chart.
Motion to approve the Gibbsboro Board of Education’s organizational chart as attached. Attachment
- Motion to apply for an accept the SIA (School Improvement Award) from the NJ Department of Education in the amount of $10,414 for FY 19.
- Motion to approve the job description for the position of Business Administrator / Director of Curriculum & Instruction. Attachment
First Reading - None
Second Reading/Public Hearing, Final Adoption- N/A
5337 - Service Animals – Policy
8860 – Memorials - Policy
- Committee Reports
- Camden County School Board
- New Jersey School Boards
- Educational Services Commission
- Public Participation
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- For Your Information.
- State Audit of the School Breakfast & Lunch Program
- Visit with an Author
- New substitutes on the personnel list
- Job Postings will be going out this week
- Superintendent’s Monthly Report. Accept and approve Report. Attachment
- Personnel Report. Accept and approve Report. Paper Copy Provided
- Special Education Report. Accept and approve Report. Attachment
III. NONPUBLIC EXECUTIVE SESSION
Whereas: Matters pertaining to sensitive personnel issues, negotiations, student discipline issues and litigation are proper topics for closed sessions under the Public Meetings Act, therefore be it
Resolved: to hold a Closed Meeting of the Gibbsboro Board of Education for said purposes, and
Be It Further Resolved: to make available the results of the Closed Meeting in the minutes of this meeting or in subsequent actions of the Board.
Gibbsboro Board of Education
- RETURN TO PUBLIC SESSION
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the annual Membership Resolution with the Camden County Elementary League for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Motion to approve April 30, 2019, at 7:00 pm as the date for the Public Hearing for the 2019-2020 school budget.
- C. Motion to approve summer 2019 PALS program.
- Motion to approve contract with Virtua Health, Inc., for physical therapy services for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Motion to submit to the Executive County Superintendent of Schools a contract of employment for Frank Domin as Interim Business Administrator for July and August 2019.
VII. MEETING ADJOURNED
Next Meeting: April 30, 2019 - Public Hearing for the Budget
Location: Media Center
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Next Meeting: May 7, 2019 – Regular Meeting
Location: Media Center
Time: 7:30 p.m.