GIBBSBORO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education
March 12, 2019
“Together Everyone Achieves More”
Location: Media Center
37 Kirkwood Road
Gibbsboro, NJ 08026
- PUBLIC SESSION
- Meeting Called to order
- Statement of Open Meeting Compliance
In accordance with the New Jersey Open Public Meetings Act, annual notice of time, date, and location of this meeting was delivered to the Courier Post, the Borough of Gibbsboro, and posted on the official school bulletin board and district website.
- Flag Salute
- Oath of Office
- Roll Call
- Recognition & Presentations
- Wax Museum - 3rd Graders with Mrs. Atkinson
- Student Council Presentation
- Public Participation – First Opportunity
This is the time when anyone from the public who wishes to speak to the Board may do so. Please state your name, address, and phone number for the record. The Board will hear your concerns. The Board may or may not take action this evening. You will be notified either at this meeting, by letter, or telephone of any action the Board does take.
- Approval of the Minutes
- February 12, 2019 Regular Meeting and Executive Session Attached Minutes
- Bills to Be Paid for March in the amount of $ 52,395.71
- Ratify and Affirm February state health benefits in the amount of $74,012.98.
- Ratify and Affirm February payroll in the amount of $293,923.96.
- Certification of Business Administrator. Pursuant to NJAC 6A:23A-16.10(c)3, I certify that as of January 31, 2019,no budgetary line item account has obligations and payments (contractual orders) which in total exceed the amount appropriated by the Gibbsboro Board of Education pursuant to NJSA 18A:22-8.1 and NJSA 18A:22-8.2 and no budgetary line item account has been over-expended in violation of NJCA 6:23-2.12(a)1.
In accordance with NJAC 6A:23A-16.10(c)2, it is certified that anticipated revenue has changed for the month ending December 31, 2018, as follows:
- Increased - $0.00
- Decreased - $0.00
Valerie Carmody February 12, 2019
Business Administrator Date
- Certification of Board of Education. Pursuant to NJAC 6A:23A-16.10(c)4, the Gibbsboro Board of Education certifies that as of January 31, 2019, and after review of the Secretary’s Monthly Financial Report and the Treasurer’s Monthly Financial Report and upon consultation with the appropriate district officials, to the best of the Board’s knowledge, no major account or fund has been over-expended in violation of NJAC 6A:23A-16.10 (a)1, and that sufficient funds are available to meet the district’s financial obligations for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- Board Secretary’s Report. January 2019. Attached Report
- Treasurer’s Report. January 2019. Attached Report
First Reading N/A
Second Reading and Adoption (All mandated revisions only to reflect law changes)
- 2422 - Health and Physical Education - Policy (M)
- 2610 – Education Program Evaluation – Policy (M)
- 4219 - Commercial Driver’s License Controlled Substance and Alcohol Use Testing - Policy (M)
- 5111 - Eligibility of Resident/Nonresident Students – Policy & Regulation (M)
- 04 - Administering an Opioid Antidote – Policy (M)
- 04 - Administering an Opioid Antidote - Regulation (M) (NEW)
- 5756 - Transgender Students - Policy (M)
- 7440 - School District Security – Policy & Regulation (M)
- 8561 - Procurement Procedures for School Nutrition Programs – Policy (M)
- 06 - Unsafe School Choice Option - Policy (M)
- 8 - Special Education – Free and Appropriate Public Education – Regulation (M)
- 5530 - Substance Abuse - Regulation (M)
- 5600 - Student Discipline/Code of Conduct – Policy (M)
- 5611 - Removal of Students for Firearms Offenses – Policy & Regulation (M)
- 5612 - Assaults on District Board of Education Members or Employees – Policy & Regulation(M)
- 5613 - Removal of Students for Assaults with Weapons Offenses – Policy & Regulation (M)
- 8461 - Reporting Violence, Vandalism, Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying, Alcohol and Other Drug Offenses – Policy & Regulation (M)
- Committee Reports
- Camden County School Board
- New Jersey School Boards
- Municipal Alliance - Speaker on Conflict Resolution
- Educational Services Commission
- Public Participation
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- For Your Information.
- Read Across America Week
- NJSLA Testing Update
- Superintendent’s Monthly Report. Accept and approve Report. Attached Report
- Personnel Report. Accept and approve Report. (paper copy)
- Special Education Report. Accept and approve Report. Attached Report
III. NONPUBLIC EXECUTIVE SESSION
- HIB Reports
Whereas: Matters pertaining to sensitive personnel issues, negotiations, student discipline issues and litigation are proper topics for closed sessions under the Public Meetings Act, therefore be it
Resolved: to hold a Closed Meeting of the Gibbsboro Board of Education for said purposes, and
Be It Further Resolved: to make available the results of the Closed Meeting in the minutes of this meeting or in subsequent actions of the Board.
Gibbsboro Board of Education
- RETURN TO PUBLIC SESSION
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- BE IT RESOLVED, that the Gibbsboro Elementary School District Board of Education does hereby approve the submission of the tentative 2019-2020 budget to the office of the County Superintendent for approval in the grand total amount of $5,101,800 which includes a General Fund total of $4,773,890; a Special Revenue fund total of $98,910; and a Debt Service Total of $229,000; and also includes a General Fund local tax levy of $3,010,446 and a Debt Service local tax levy of $229,000 to be raised for the ensuing 2019-2020 school year.
- The tentative 2019-2020 budget tax levy adjustment for enrollment increase is $119,236 of the available adjustment of $199,792
- Motion to approve Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the school year ending June 30, 2018, noting there were no recommendations.
- Revised 2019-2020 School Calendar Attached Calendar
VII. MEETING ADJOURNED
Next Meeting: April 9, 2019 – Regular Meeting
Location: Media Center
Time: 7:30 p.m.